Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blue and Gold Eye Makeup Look

Hi guys!
First off, let me apologize for my SIX MONTH delay in blogging, things have been so crazy between graduating high school and starting college. However, now that things have settled down a little bit, I have a ton of new posts coming your way very, very soon. 
So basically, what I did for this look was pretty simple-- I started with a really natural golden eye look and just brightened up the whites of the eyes by lining the lower lashline with a sublte blue shadow.  I know what you're thinking-- why would blue help brighten the whites of your eyes?! Well, to be honest... it doesn't.  What we're doing here is creating the ILLUSION of it by using a contrasting color to correct the redness, in this case, blue.
To do this look, I started with the Naked 2 Palette from Urban Decay.  I used Bootycall in the inner corners of the eyes, Half Baked for the all over color, and YDK in the crease. 
 
For the bottom, I lined the lower lash line with the Chaos color from the Urban Decay Vice Palette (which will be coming up in a newer post...) and finished the look by tightlining the upper lash line with MAC Blacktrack Fluidline and YSL Shocking Mascara. L's brows are pretty full to begin with but I filled them in a little bit with a shadow from Make Up For Ever. 
This look is so easy and can be worn day or night! It's definitely one of my go-to favorites now.

Thanks for reading! Until next time,
xoxo Lex


No comments:

Post a Comment