Thursday, September 12, 2013

Lux Haul! Sephora, Nordstrom, Saks, & Lush

I am a college student. Granted, I'm supposed to be saving money and spending my time studying. And NOT GOING ANYWHERE NEAR A MALL. However, my classes got cancelled one day last week and I just couldn't resist.  Keep in mind, I had gift cards.. so technically, I wasn't really spending money.... right? 
I knew I needed two things: foundation and concealer. However, what I came back to the dorm with... was this.
(The boxes make it look a lot worse than it actually is).
So, first stop, I did what I went for and headed over to Nordstrom to pick up a full size of the Perfection Lumiere foundation.  I had tried a sample a few weeks ago but the Chanel salesperson at Saks was frustratingly nowhere to be found, so I chose Nordstrom this time instead.  Can I just tell you guys, this foundation is perfect.  I've been a longtime fan of the Vitalumiere Aqua, however, living in a building with no air conditioning has changed my skin from dry combination to as oily as it gets, and the Aqua just wasn't cutting it anymore, even mixed with my EL Doublewear Light. The Perfection, however, is a beautiful natural finish with slightly more coverage than the Aqua, but still the lightweight feeling you'd get from the other Chanel foundations.  I'm in love.
Next, I picked up the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer at the recommendation of a few people I follow on Instagram.  I had previously been using a combination of Amazing Cosmetics (which covers EVERYTHING but, due to the mineral oil, causes massive breakouts if I use it anywhere other than under my eyes) and the DiorSkin Nude concealer.  Both were great, the AC was a little thick and the Dior was a little sheer. So I opted for this one, and so far I'm really liking it.  I can see where people are saying it's a little drying, but if you're prepping with an eye cream (I like Smashbox's Photo Op Under Eye Primer for under concealer) its great. So far I've gotten about a 12 hour wear without a single budge or crease, not to mention the coverage is perfect for someone like me with moderate undereye circles. I also picked up the 215 brush to go with it and I'm loving using that for concealer application.

My next stop was to Sephora where I (thankfully) did not spend a cent.  Instead, I opted to use some of the points I've been hoarding forever.  I redeemed for GlamGlow (The greatest thing EVER.. review coming soon) and the Becca EverMatte primer.  Both are great and the Becca primer is helping my skin so much right now.
I also had to stop at Lush to pick up one of their sugar scrubs. Being in college, I don't really use Lush products all that much anymore (with the exception of scrubs and hair care) because there's no bath. But this scrub before shaving is amazing to use before self tanning, so I had to pick one up.  For $6.50, its supposed to be a one-time use thing, but I break it up and store the unused scrub in one of the old jars I'm saving to recycle so that I get more use out of it.
Lastly, on my way out of Saks, I stopped at Jo Malone.  When I was in Bloomingdale's in NYC this past spring, I began eyeing the Wild Bluebell Cologne.  And so, for surviving my first 3 papers of college successfully, I rewarded myself a little and took home the 1 oz bottle with me. I'm so in love, but I'm also so afraid to use it because I never want to use it up!

Have you guys picked anything great up lately in the beauty departments??
Until next time, 
xoxo
Lex



No comments:

Post a Comment